7 Surprising Appetizers You'll Love
Who says appetizers have to be boring? Not with these recipes in your repertoire! From twists on classics to unique new ideas, you'll be surprised at just how delicious these appetizers can be.
Fried Cheese Curds: Fried cheese is always a hit, and these curds are no exception. They're crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside - perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
Spicy Shrimp Cocktail: This shrimp cocktail packs a punch with its spicy sauce. It's the perfect appetizer for those who love a bit of heat.
Bacon-Wrapped Dates: Bacon makes everything better, and that's certainly true of dates wrapped in bacon. These little morsels are sweet, savory, and downright delicious.
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Wings: Skip the fryer and make these wings in your slow cooker instead. They're tender, juicy, and coated in a delicious honey BBQ sauce.
Jalapeno Poppers: Jalapeno poppers are always a favorite, and this recipe takes them up a notch by adding creamy cheese filling to the mix. You'll never want to skip them again!
Roasted Garlic Hummus: This hummus is packed with flavor thanks to the addition of roasted garlic cloves. Serve it with pitas or veggie sticks for a healthy and satisfying appetizer.
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups: These cheese roll-ups are easy to make and even easier to eat. They're perfect for any party where you want something tasty but simple.
24 Delicious Appetizers to Try This Weekend
- Welsh Rarebit: toast with a savory cheese sauce on top.
- Bruschetta: grilled or toasted bread with olive oil, tomatoes, and herbs.
- Crostini: same as bruschetta but smaller pieces of toast.
- Hummus: chickpea dip with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Baba Ganoush: roasted eggplant dip with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Pesto: a thick sauce or spread made from basil, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
- Tzatziki: a yogurt-based dip or sauce made from cucumbers, garlic, and dill.
- Tapenade: a spread or dip made from olives, capers, and anchovies.
- Salsa: a type of sauce typically made from tomatoes, onions, chilies, and cilantro (or coriander).
- Guacamole: avocado dip mixed with lime juice, salt, and chili peppers.
- Raita: an Indian-style yogurt-based condiment that is usually eaten as a side dish with curries or rice dishes). 12 Ratatouille: a French vegetable stew that consists mainly of zucchini, eggplant, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes and garlic). 13 Olive tapenade tartines: french bread toasts topped with tapenade (an olive based spread) and crumbled goat cheese). 14 Grilled cheese sandwich shooters with tomato soup for dipping: grilled cheese sandwiches cut into small bitesize squares then served with tomato soup for dipping). 15 Antipasto skewers: diced ham, salami, mozzarella balls,, pepperoncinis,, cherry tomatoes,, and bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)) threaded onto skewers). 16 Stuffed mushrooms : button mushrooms stuffed with a mix of ground meat (turkey or beef), bread crumbs,, grated Parmesan cheese,, and herbs). 17 Cheese straws : dough tubes filled with shredded cheddar cheese then baked until golden brown). 18 BBQ chicken taquitos : rolled up tacos filled with shredded BBQ chicken instead of ground beef). 19 Falafel bites : chickpea fritters dipped in tahini sauce ). 20 Spicy shrimp shooters : shrimp cocktail shooters kicked up a notch with some Tabasco sauce added to the mix) .21 Crab rangoons : wonton wrappers stuffed with imitation crab meat and cream cheese). 22 Jalapeno poppers : jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese then battered and fried). 23 Pizza rolls : pizza dough filled with pepperoni,, sausage,, mozzarella cheese,,and pizza sauce) then rolled up like a burrito) 24 Franks n' Cheese sliders : mini hamburger patties topped with sliced hot dogs and melted American cheese)
The Best Appetizers for Your Next Party
When planning your next party, appetizers are a must-have. They are the perfect way to whet your guests' appetites and get them ready for the main event. There are endless possibilities when it comes to appetizers, but here are some of our favorites.
For a classic appetizer, try serve up some cheese and crackers. You can buy pre-made cheese and cracker trays from the grocery store, or make your own by pairing different types of cheese with a variety of crackers.
Another crowd-pleasing option is fresh fruit and cheese plates. Again, you can buy these pre-made at the grocery store, or put together your own plate of assorted fruit and cheeses. This is a great option for those who want something light and refreshing.
If you're looking for something a little more hearty, try serving up some dip with chips or breadsticks. There are endless varieties of dips that you can make, so you can choose one that fits with your party's theme or personality. And don't forget the dippers! Chips and breadsticks are perfect for scooping up delicious dip.
Finally, if you're wanting to go all out with your appetizers, why not try a buffet? This gives your guests plenty of options and lets them customize their meal however they want. You can choose from a variety of different apps, or even have a mix of sweet and savory items.
31 Easy Appetizer Recipes That Will Impress Your Guests
When you're hosting a party, it's always important to have a variety of delicious appetizers on hand. Not only do they serve as the perfect prelude to the main course, but they can also be a fun and easy way to get your guests mingling with one another.
If you're looking for some new and exciting appetizer recipes to try out, then look no further than this list. From cheesy dips to mini pizzas, we've got something for everyone. So read on and get cooking!
- Loaded Potato Skins
These potato skins are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They're simple to make and taste great with just about any type of dip.
6 potatoes, sliced thin 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded 3 green onions, chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter, melted Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place potatoes in a large bowl; drizzle with oil or butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender; remove from oven cool slightly.2. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut each potato into quarters; place in a large bowl. Add cheese, onions and bacon; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into each skin evenly .3 .Place potato skins back onto baking sheet .Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted .Serve immediately .
Cheesy Bacon Dip
Source: https://www.eatwell101.com/cheesy-bacon-dip-recipe/ This bacon dip is sure to be a hit at your next party! It's simple to make and tastes absolutely amazing. ingredients: 1 pound bacon, diced 1 cup mayonnaise 1 cup sour cream 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 2 green onions, diced instructions: 1 .Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp ,about 10 minutes .Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels ;set aside .2 .In a large bowl ,combine mayonnaise ,sour cream ,and cheddar cheese ;mix well .Stir in green onions and bacon until well combined .Pour mixture into an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish .Bake , uncovered ,at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until bubbly .Serve warm with crudites or french bread slices .3 ..Tip : For extra flavor ,sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese over dip before serving
10 Fun and Unique Appetizers to Serve at Your Next Event
The part of any party or potluck that everyone looks forward to the most is the appetizers. They are always so varied and offer something for everyone. If you are looking for some unique appetizer ideas, then check out the list below.
Fried Pickles: These are a classic Southern appetizer that can be made with either dill pickles or sweet pickles. They are easy to make and always a hit with guests.
Bacon Wrapped Dates: This appetizer is simple but oh so delicious. The bacon and the sweetness of the date are a perfect pairing.
Mini Quiches: These little quiches are perfect for a party because they can be made ahead of time and they taste great warm or cold.
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: These mushrooms are stuffed with creamy brie cheese and then baked until golden brown. They make a delicious and elegant appetizer that your guests will love.
Antipasto Skewers: These skewers are loaded with meat, cheese, and veggies, making them the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Crab Rangoon Dip: This dip is always a hit at parties, especially since crab is such a popular ingredient. It's creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor.
Spicy Hummus: If you want an appetizer that is both healthy and flavorful, then try this spicy hummus recipe. It is sure to please all of your guests.
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls: These egg rolls combine two favorite American dishes into one tasty starter course. They are sure to be a hit with all of your guests!
Pizza Pinwheels: Who doesn't love pizza? These pinwheels are the perfect party food because they are easy to make and everyone will love them!
10 Spinach Artichoke Dip: This classic dip never goes out of style and it is always a crowd pleaser. Serve it with some crunchy tortilla chips or celery sticks and you will be sure to please your guests!